Some Greatest Chartered Accountants Who Choosed Different Career from Practice and Jobs:-
1. Shekhar Kapur(Actor, Director & Producer): He did CA at the age of 22 just because his parents wanted to see their child holding the degree of CA. After CA, he started his career with a multinational oil company. Thereafter he spent several years as an Accountant and Management. But after he started #acting and thereafter came in #direction and directed epic movies like Mr. India, Bandit Queen, Masoom and produced movies like Guru, Dil se etc. He also directed award winning Hollywood movies Elizabeth, The Golden Age, The four feathers, British Tabloids etc. Also, He was a member of the jury at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival. .
2. #NKP_Salve (Former Union Minister and Ex-President of BCCI): . He was an avid #cricketer at college but chose his career as CA due to the same obvious reasons. But his interest for Cricket didn’t stop him from again choosing his career as Cricket. He remained Umpire for several years. Thereafter he was elected as the #President_of_BCCI from 1982 to 1985. It was during his tenure that India won the 1983 Cricket World cup. Also, BCCI started the NKP Salve Challenger Trophy in 1995 named after him.
3. Swaminathan Gurumurthy(Journalist & Chartered Accountant): Remember the role of R. Madhavan in the movie Guru? He is the same man. The role played by the actor is strongly based upon him. He did CA in 1972; thereafter he joined an auditing firm and was allotted the job of maintaining the books of companies of “Press baron” -The publisher of The Indian Express. After that he became a #journalist also. His articles in The Indian Express created stirs in the corporate world, which exposed the Big Corporate Giants like Reliance. His articles espoused the cause of Swadeshi Jagran Manch and the RSS and the concept of United India. .
4. Aroon Purie (Editor-in-chief and Chairman, India today Group; Chairman, Fipp): Do you know the face behind 24 hour Hindi News Channel #Aaj_Tak and English News Channel #Headlines_Today ? He is Arun Purie. He is also the founder publisher and Editor-in-chief of #India_Today, chief executive of the India Today group, Managing Director of Thomson Press (India) Limited, Editor-in-chief of Reader’s Digest India. He became CA in 1965. After this course he entered in Journalism. He received various notable awards like #Padma_Bhushan in 2001, NT Lifetime achievement award 2008 in recognition of his outstanding contribution to Indian News television, G.K. Reddy Award for his outstanding contribution to Journalism and many more. .
5. #Sanjay_Subrahmanyam (Carnatic Vocalist): He is a Chartered Accountant and a Rank holding Cost Accountant. He is one of the most renowned #musician with an indepth knowledge. His hard work in carnatic music has led him to today’s position. He went under vigorous training for about 27 years in the field of Carnatic Music. He was also the subject matter of documentary film “Aaraar aasaippadaar”. He is also an “A Top” Grade #artist of All India Radio. He has performed in Chennai, Bangalore, Delhi, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, US, Canada, Switzerland and Oman. .
6. #Shyam_Pathak (Comedian, Actor): He comes from a simple middle class Gujrati Family. His mother wanted him to become CA, So he did CA but there was something else he wanted to pursue. CA field didn’t interested him so after that he joined the National School of #Drama (NSD). Till now he has worked in various movies and TV Serials. These days you can find him playing the role of “Patrakar Popatlal Pandey” in the most famous comedy show “ #Taarak_Mehta_ka_Ooltah_Chashmah ” which airs on the SAB TV. .
7. #Vishakha_Hari (Story teller): She is known for her excellence in Harikatha, an ancient form of storytelling. She completed her CA in 2001. She did CA because her friends were also doing the same. She says ”There weren’t many options back then.’’ She is a prominent carnatic music Vocalist. She is an A Grade artist of All India #Radio. She gives her discourses and concerts in abroad as well. Also, she has received many prizes and awards for her notable contribution to Harikatha and Carnatic music field. .
8. Yandamuri Veerendranath(Thriller, Playwright, Novelist, Film director): He is a chartered accountant and had worked with State Finance Corporation for 5 years and with Andhra Bank for 10 years in a senior executive position. He was the youngest officer to hold highest position in the history of the bank. Though he resigned himself to Novel writing (Telugu) after that and wrote about 50 #novels to his credit. Many of his work are translated into Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Hindi, Gujarati and Marathi. He also won several awards for his notable works in #Literature . He also worked for more than 30 Films. Many of his novels have been made into motion pictures in Telugu. .
9. Subhashni Giridhar(Indian Classical dancer & Chartered Accountant): She is an Indian #classical_dancer of #Bharathnatyam . She had the vehemence for dance since childhood. She started learning dance at the age of years 8. In 2003, she became Chartered accountant. After CA, she acquired a post qualification degree DISA in the year 2004. She is also a practicing Chartered accountant in Mumbai. Her philosophy is that God made her to pursue CA along with her passion (Bharthnatyam) both with the same zeal and enthusiasm because God has chosen CA to fulfil her financial needs and Dance for her Inner bliss. She is giving her solo performances since 1990 and has also performed in various sabhas. .
10. Suresh Prabhu (Railway Minister): He is an Indian #politician and our current Railway Minister of India. He is a Chartered Accountant and a member of Institute of Chartered accountant of India. He was AIR 11th #Rank_holder in #CA_Exam . During the Premiership of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, he was Industry Minister, Minister of Environment and Forests, Minister of Fertilizers and Chemicals, Power, Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises at various times. Also, Asia week rated him as one of the three future leaders of India. He travelled to more than 100 countries. He is currently working on 16 global organization and 9 strategic dialogues. He is the only #Railway_Minister who introduced Railway budget without launching a single train and more focused on facilities during fiscal year 2015-2016. .
So Guys, Our fraternity has gained national and international recognition not only in the field of #Chartered_Accountancy but also in other fields as well. These are some of the legends who make we people believe that in the wide course of CA, One should not forget their passion. Instead we can fulfil it after becoming CA as well. CA is not the end of our career. It can be starting of our new passion, new desires or it might be simply the means of exploring us even more than before. 🙂 🙂